We apologize in advance for the length of this email, but we feel it is necessary to ensure we update you all on the rebrand, jerseys, and organizational changes.
The Rebellion Rebrand:
We are pleased to update you on our rebrand from the Southpointe Rink Rats to the South Pittsburgh Rebellion.
- Legal Name: We have officially moved on from the Southpointe Amateur Hockey Association and we are now legally named the South Pittsburgh Hockey Club.
- PAHL/MidAM/USA Hockey: All necessary documents have been submitted and received and we are officially able to play under the new organization name.
- Rebellion Logo and Marketing: We had a combined focus on designing a logo that aligns with our mission of hard work, sportsmanship, and development. While also appealing to all the age groups we offer hockey to. We brought in over 60+ logo/branding designs from hired illustrators, pro bono designers, and internal volunteers. We are very pleased with the outcome and are excited to give you all a sneak peak of the branding today. Please visit our website @ https://www.southpittsburghhockey.org/splash to get a sneak peak of the South Pittsburgh Rebellion!
- Website: Again the new website link is: https://www.southpittsburghhockey.org. Our plan is to leave the Rink Rat website active behind the new Rebellion homepage for about 2 more weeks. This gives us the time needed to finalize the design and legal sections of the website. We will update you again when the new website is fully up and operational.
- TeamSnap: TeamSnap has been fully updated with our new info and logo. It is fully functional and can be managed as you normally would. If you have any questions or issues please email email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jerseys: Other than the logo design…Jerseys were the next biggest hurdle and we will need all your assistance to ensure we navigate through this smoothly. Again, we are very excited to give you all a sneak peak of our new jerseys and feel we came up with a design that you will be proud to wear and support. You can preview them on the website now!
- Jersey Fittings/Ordering: A separate email will go out today explaining the process. Please ensure you read that email and follow the instructions. We will need your support, patience, and understanding through this process. Thank you!
June 6th Board of Directors Election Results:
We are excited to share the results of the very first elected board of directors for the South Pittsburgh Hockey Club. We had a great turnout from our members and we sincerely appreciate your support. Congratulations to the following elected board members: Matt Colella (reelected), Brian Bozarth (new elect), Tim Creahan (new elect), Zach Gray (new elect), Matt Harmon (new elect), and Charlie Hawthorne (new elect). The complete Board of Directors is as follows:
- President – Kelli Caputo
- Vice President – Sean Coyle
- Vice President – Joe Lombardi
- Secretary – Matt Colella
- Treasurer – Tim Creahan
- Registrar – Rob Nelson
- Ice Scheduler – Matt Harmon
- Referee Coordinator – Zach Gray
- Director of Technology – Brian Bozarth
- Equipment Manager – Dave Carlisle
- Director of Business Managers – Charlie Hawthorne
In conclusion… THANK YOU!:
One of the common themes we heard from our members at the election meeting was transparency. We as a board assure you better transparency whether through general communication, obtaining member feedback, or simply updating our members more often during the year. The board is still working on some other very exciting projects… and we will be updating you along the way. Finally, we want to thank you all for your support! This organization does not happen without our dedicated members. We can all agree that we LOVE this sport and love the enjoyment we get from watching our children grow as athletes and members of this community. This organization is always open for ideas and is here to listen to any improvements you think we could be making. Please reach out to us any way you feel comfortable. We are in progress of creating new email addresses and those will be posted on the website. Please ensure you read and follow the upcoming “Jersey Roll Out” email. This is going to take all of us to make this happen. Thank you all again for your support and stay tuned for more updates. Enjoy the rest of your weekend and see you at the rink soon!
The Rebellion has begun!