All Equipment Must Meet USA Hockey Approved Standard
- Helmet with Full Face Shield or Cage
- Neck / Throat Protector
- Mouthguard that Attaches to Face Shield or Cage
- Shoulder Pads
- Elbow Pads
- Hockey Gloves
- Athletic Supporter with Cup or Hockey Jock
- Shin Pads
- Stick with Butt End Larger than Smallest Opening on Helmet
- Goalies Must Wear a Gobbler
Street or Roller Hockey Pads Do Not Meet USA Hockey Safety Standards or Guidelines.
-Further information regarding jerseys and socks is provided to families after tryouts and placement. Players are responsible for having to bring a practice-type jersey and hockey socks to tryouts.
If buying a helmet new, it is strongly suggested for players at the Squirt level and above, a concussion helmet be considered versus standard models. For the small difference in price the additional protection is worth consideration.
SPHC Required Team Uniform
Last season, we were transitioning to our new brand. This season for 2022/2023, we are adopting a more uniform standard for our players 10u and above.
- For 2022/2023, every Rebellion player will need to follow the team uniform which is Rebellion jersey, 2 pairs of game socks, shell. Players will also need to wear a red helmet and black/red gloves. The game jerseys, game socks, and shells are ordered through House O' Hockey.
- The organization will provide practice jerseys and socks at no additional cost.
- For 8U Mites players, you do not need a shell and red helmet is preferred but optional. 8u Mite players only need to order the reversible jersey and game socks.
2022-2023 Youth Teams
For 2022-2023 season the following age groups apply. The 2022-2023 season will go from 8/1/2022 to 3/31/2023.
South Pittsburgh Hockey Club
PO Box 887
McMurray, Pennsylvania 15317