Parents, below is additional information regarding placements for 8u/Mites. You will need to attend both days unless otherwise noted.
Saturday, July 30 – Day 1
On day 1, please attend only one session based on your player’s last name:
- A-L (Last Name): 3:00pm
- M-Z (Last Name): 4:00pm
By 10pm on July 30, group assignments for the next day will be posted on our website (https://www.southpittsburghhockey.org). Some players who are assigned to Group 1 may be asked to stay for Group 2.
Sunday, July 31 – Day 2
- Group 1: 12:00 pm
- Group 2: 1:00 pm
If you are not able to attend one or both days of placements, you should email email@example.com no later than Tuesday, July 19. Supplemental placements will occur on Tuesday, July 26. Please note that this day is before the official placements.
For day 1, plan to arrive 60 minutes prior to your start time to allow time to check in, obtain a pinnie and evaluation number. If your player is new to SPHC this season, you will need to also bring in a copy (no originals) of your player’s birth certificate to confirm their birth year.
For day 2, you only need to check-in upon arrival. You will keep your pinnie for both sessions and return it at the conclusion of all sessions.
There will be no goalie evaluations during any sessions, all players will skate as players.
Other important details
- Check the lobby monitors when you arrive for locker room assignments. All players must change in the locker rooms.
- The SPHC registration table will be on the lower level. Check-in when you arrive to receive your player’s number (Pinnie). Parents/guardians should note the pinnie number, it will be used to identify your group for the second day and final placement. Return your Pinnie at the end of your player’s final session.
- Parents/guardians may not interfere with on-ice or off-ice evaluators during placement sessions.
- Your player should bring their own water bottle if necessary. Players are responsible for his/her own bottle.
- All registered players are guaranteed a roster spot.
At the conclusion of placements and the evening of July 31, your team assignment will be posted to the website. Your coach will follow up with you as well. Once your team is created in TeamSnap, you will be assigned to the new account and the Summer Skills account will be retired. The practice schedule will be available in your Team account from that point on. Below are the practice dates for August. These won’t be loaded until the teams are finalized and in TeamSnap.
Wednesday 8/3 – 5:40pm
Friday 8/5 – 7:00pm
Saturday 8/6 – 2:15pm
Sunday 8/7 – 7:00am
Wednesday 8/10 – 5:40pm
Friday 8/12 – 7:00pm
Saturday 8/13 – 7:00am
Wednesday 8/17 – 5:40pm
Friday 8/19 – 7:00pm
Sunday 8/21 – 7:00am or 8:20am
Wednesday 8/24 – 5:40pm
Friday 8/26 – 7:00pm
Saturday 8/27 – 8:15am or 9:30am
Tuesday 8/30 – 6:00pm